View Single Post
Old
10-10-2013, 07:06 AM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotland View Post
So how do I know that Larsson is not just holding Grigorenkos spot while Grigorenko fills in for Hodgson on the first line? How much can really be read from the training lines on an off-day? I am new to all this hockey kremlinology, please help me!
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...t.html?ref=bmh

Quote:
The coach also has a decision to make regarding center Mikhail Grigorenko. The 19-year-old started on the third line during Tuesday's 3-2 overtime loss but soon was benched and skated just 8:07.

Rookie Johan Larsson took Grigorenko's spot today in the middle of wingers Zemgus Girgensons and Brian Flynn. Grigorenko filled in for absent center Cody Hodgson alongside Steve Ott and Thomas Vanek, but Hodgson (maintenance day) will play Thursday, which would leave Grigorenko out of the lineup if the forwards stay the same.

"We’re in a tough situation where we go back to just putting people in the right situations, and the matchup wasn’t good," Rolston said of the benching before moving on to Grigorenko's competitiveness. "It’s getting there, but it needs to continue to improve. That’s that last hurdle for him. That’s something that he’s going to work on."

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote