View Single Post
Old
10-10-2013, 09:12 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
While a win feels good, I'm not sure I would agree that we played overly well...and the #fancystats support that this wasn't a great game, especially at even strength. Wild pretty much dominated possession:

http://www.extraskater.com/game/2013...wild-predators

Our best players were Legwand, Forsberg, and Wilson, all with a respectable 45% corsi percentage at 5 on 5. The rest of the team is in the 30s and 20s. Mike Fisher has the worst, but some of that owes to the amount of defensive zone starts. Hendricks has the worst "legit" corsi percentage of 21..which more or less supports what you could see with your eyeballs.
Of course the Wild did, they were down 2 goals before the end of the 1 period, they had to press hard to get back into the game. It's also natural for a team to stop taking chances once you go up by 2. Minnesota was able to cycle a bit when they got their defensemen more active but didn't really generate a bunch of big chances off it it.

I'll say though in the 3rd the Predators pressed back a bit more and got the forecheck going. I do think we sat back too much.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote