Old
10-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I totally agree with you here.

So what would you do? Would you speed things up and play the young d-men in the hope of accelerating the phasing, or would you ease their NHL debut and try to trade/sign real NHL d-men?

I would personnaly do both. I would play Tinordi and Beaulieu right away, living with their mistakes, then I would maybe wait half a season to start playing whoever is the closest in Hamilton. Then I would consider what's coming in the next Free Agent season and evaluate things from there. If nothing's available in the FA season, then I would strongly consider trading a good prospect and a high pick for a real efficient #2 d-man.
The problem with "living with the mistakes" is that after awhile young players start playing to survive instead of trying to thrive. That's why it's good to insulate them and limit their minutes/matchups.

#2 d-men cost a lot to acquire as usually teams that have them are not looking to trade them unless they will be UFA's or have asked for a trade. Not always a realistic option unless you're prepared to make a huge offer.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote