View Single Post
Old
10-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Seth, should we be concerned that Aberg isnt signed? I always assumed signing an ELC was something of a formality since the terms really cant be negotiated..
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I wouldn't be too concerned. If we had signed him over the summer, he would be burning a year of his ELC playing in Sweden. I suspect we will sign him in the spring, after his (so far excellent) campaign with Farjestad is done.
Agreed, Åberg had a tough year last season trying unsuccessfully to bring Djurgardens back to the SEL after being relegated the year prior. This season he has moved onto Farjestad in the Swedish Elite League where through the first ten games of the season he is tied for the team scoring lead with six points (4 goals, 2 assists). While he is signed through the 2014-15 season in Sweden, the Predators can still sign Åberg this summer through the terms of the transfer agreement with the IIHF.

Åberg and fellow Preds prospect Max Görtz will be playing in the AHL All-Star Game this season with Farjestad representing the AHL All-Stars opponent.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote