View Single Post
Old
10-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Plekanec, I keep saying it, and I know it seems to offend a lot of you...but he was again invisible. He never does anything to make you notice him negatively, but he rarely does anything these days, to make you notice he's playing at all. He's been a passenger for too long when he should be one of the leaders...
See, when Plekanec's line is out there, I see him get the puck all the time. Problem becomes, what to do with it? When the rush is in full swing, Bourque and Gionta can sometimes make themselves look dangerous. When it comes to developing something from more of a "routine" puck retrieval, or scrum/board battle, though, they hardly ever seem to react/move quickly enough to either support the puck and actually make themselves viable passing/counter-attacking options.

Seriously, Plekanec seems to get the puck quite often, so how is it that Bourque and Gionta have only combined for 13 shots so far over 3 games, while the EGG line has generated 20 shots from the wings alone (besides the number of shots that Gionta has taken which don't count because he missed the net completely)? Plekanec is almost always forced to dump the puck in, and if he doesn't also retrieve the puck himself, it's going back the other way.

He's a coverage/puck distribution centre. He'll always be the lynch pin when it comes to the neutral/defensive zones, but he'll only be as dangerous offensively as the guys on his wings.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote