View Single Post
Old
10-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Sorinth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I don't know exactly what the solution would be. I have doubts that Beaulieu could handle the NHL yet, so I'm leery about even trying to live with his mistakes... I would rather take the time to develop a defenseman carefully. Not every player can be "ruined" by being rushed to the NHL, but some players can have their development hindered, and I just would generally not take the chance. Live with our current D as-is. Even consider sending Tinordi back at times if everybody else is healthy.

I don't like the odds of trading for an established "real efficient #2 d-man"... it would be nice to identify somebody who isn't there yet but who emerges as that. Or to take advantage of somebody's cap situation or internal budget (e.g. Cowen RFA try), *something* that doesn't involving trading a full-up painful price for a guy who obviously fits the need. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see who becomes available, when. At least as long as the need is there and a priority is set to address it, then you can evaluate the opportunities as they emerge.
This is exactly why Briere was such a mistake. If we had an additional 4m in cap space we would be in a much better position to trade for what we need.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote