View Single Post
Old
01-17-2004, 07:55 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quotes by Montgomery (USA Today transcript)

"pennington, nj: hey ted, the rangers have this uncanny abillity to score first, then let go of the lead by the 3rd period. though they beat the iles on saturday, they almost blew it again the same way they always do in that game. there is no way they can make the playoffs playing like this. with the drastic changes they made at madison square garden with the knicks, you would have to believe that would be whats coming to sather, right ted? please tell me i'm right!?!

Ted Montgomery: I still think Sather is after Jagr, who is so typical of the type of player he hoards. You know, he cares more about the name on the back of his jersey than the one on the front."

"Stockholm, SWEDEN: Saw Rangers-Lightnings the other night and one thing struck me. Rangers doesnt have a gameplan at all. Its just a bunch of skillfull individuals skating around on the ice. How can the Rangers organisation allow Sather continuing to coach?

Ted Montgomery: That's an excellent question, and if anyone has the answer, let us know, okay?"

Looks like we are not the only ones who marvel at Sather's ineptitude and how he continues to run the organization into the ground.