View Single Post
Old
10-10-2013, 03:13 PM
savebyrichter420

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
I always laugh when I hear build a team the right way. There is no one right way to build a team. If there was then every team would be doing it. Teams like the Oilers have had great draft position after great draft position. You have to build a team through the draft, trades, and FA. There is no 1 way to do it. Even then it takes some luck and good fortune. Look at the champions. Was LA built the same way as Pitt? Was Chicago built the same way as NJ?
Actually LA , Pitt and Chi all were, mostly by allowing the team to suck long enough to draft great players that impact the game with skill and speed not just shot blocking and effort! Like I said it takes a combination of the right choices in the draft and through trades and free agency.

You say there is no right way? Well there is certainly a wrong way and that's the way we've been doing it, we should have taken our lumps like LA, Pitt, Chi, even Boston and drafted properly, made smart UFA signings and trades etc. Instead here we are mediocre and in the middle of the pack because we do just enough to stay afloat!