Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
Red Wings Fan Book on Brunner , I watched probably 25 games last year:

Brunner is:

1) Pretty fast
2) has some dangle skills (See shootout goals)
3) Is primarily a shoot first player (goal scorer)
4) Was adapting to NHL ice size well
5) Questionable defensively, willingness to backcheck was there, but maybe just bad positioning sometimes.
6) Was used inappropriately as a point man during power plays, he has poor slap shots. Should be playing the stamkos/ovechkin position.
7) He has alot of drive, enthusiasm. This is always a plus.

We really wanted to resign this guy.
Our board is pretty upset about losing him. We wanted him more than filppula.
He priced himself out of town, then we signed players, then signed for way less than we thought ;(

Basically Some of our fans think he is going to be a solid 20-30 goal scorer. If he improves his defensive game, my god have we missed out on a quality player.
Well from our small sample size we definitely can see that he has speed (seen him come flying into a play wondering where he came from often). I definitely see some of the dangle skills, but so far as not translated into any shoot out goals (much to our chagrin at this point since we have two shootout loses already).

Definitely a shoot first player as advertised, but I've been pleasantly surprised with some quick play making ability. He has made more then a few nifty passes that lead to good chances in front. He has some good hockey sense and vision.

He definitely isn't anything special defensively, but I haven't see anything terrible to go against him in this department. He definitely shows willingness to backcheck. I definitely would not call him a liability or anything.

We don't use him at the point, at least not right now and hopefully it stays that way.

Definitely see the drive and enthusiasm. He is always hustling trying to make something happen from what I've seen so far. Like that a lot.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote