Thread: TSN 1260: What's Going On? Part 4
View Single Post
10-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Master Lok
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by hawks889 View Post
I was sorry to see spec leave. He tells it like it is and provides unbiased honest opinions While lowetide might be a nice guy I don't like listening to a cheerleader on the air. His opinions on the oilers are always they are great and in fact he even said that oilers first 3 lines were spectacular. I expect that out of 630 ched guys who are the oilers rights holders but not out a 1260 host. Also talking about all those advanced stats and Corsi numbers is honestly quite boring to the average listener I never thought I would say this. But I miss Jim Rome.
Clearly, you haven't listened to Lowetide's show regularly or read his blog.

Lowetide has a positive outlook and voice, but is most certainly not a cheerleader. Its not possible to analyse the advanced stats for the last placed Oilers in the last many years, and still be some type of cheerleader?

Ever hear of his opinion on old timey Pat Quinn as coach?

As for Spector, meh - sometimes I like his brutal honesty, I'll give that for him. But his actual hockey analysis is really old school terrible. I view Spector's analysis like Pat Quinn - he likes truculence overly much and is out of touch and out of date with modern hockey.