View Single Post
Old
10-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Are you saying the way we should build this team is to come in dead last in the league? How many years should we do that for? I do not remember Detroit having the #1 pick for all their championships. Or the Devils. We won the cup with Mess, Leetch and Richter. There are just as many teams that have had the #1 pick without a cup as with one. Maybe more. The Isles have had at least 2 number one picks that I can think of. So has Atlanta. Come to think of it Rick Nash was a number 1 pick.

If people on this board knows the surefire way to build a championship why are we on these boards and not NHL GMs? I'm all for building through the draft but no team builds solely through the draft. There are not superstar players in every draft. You dont want to be a horrible team as a goal. Some draft years are totally bare. Championship teams and horrible teams build through the draft. Championship teams and horrible teams also make trades.
Lets try to put this in terms that you'll actually understand. This team needs to start acquiring, in any way possible, top 6 forwards that are much better than Benoit Pouliot or, yes, Mats Zuccarello.