View Single Post
Old
10-10-2013, 06:08 PM
NickyFotiu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter420 View Post
Stepan being asked to be a number one is a bit of a stretch given what we have seen so far, he's a good player, they all are and I said so. If he continues his development he very well could be nut one half season isn't enough proof of that yet.

Hagelin is not a 1st line player and honestly neither is Callahan, both are good on the 2nd and would be great on the 3rd. I'm not diminishing these guys, I love them. It's just that its not enough if you are going to expect to contend.

It's the same thing with UFA's and draft picks, we sign or draft guys to fill roles they either can't fill, are overpaid to do so or are project picks. What's Mcilrath supposed to do, change the whole culture of this team himself, he's just a kid. That's a lot of pressure to put on a kid expecting him to solve a problem that has plagued us for years.

If we had more talent players could slot into better suited roles for their talents, that's all I'm trying to say.
You are right. We do need more talent but how do we get better talent is the key question.