View Single Post
Old
10-10-2013, 05:23 PM
sxHarr05

vCash: 500
Tallied my first point in my third game of the season. Assisted on a goal that got us to within 3-2, but ultimately lost 4-2 (EN goal wirh .18 left). I've been alternating between LW and D depending on our needs so it can be hard to find "chemistry" with linemates. I've found that skating hard and playing in position is the key no matter what position it is. Also got called for my first penalty (tripping minor) when the opposing center stepped on my blade as I went for the puck. Oh well.
Spent some time working with one of our D who gives skating instruction in order to become a more efficient skater. After one "session" I felt much better and had better acceleration (which coincidentally allowed me to catch-and trip-the aforementioned center) and balance.

Overall, it's been fun after being away from the game for so long. Most of the team played together the last couple of seasons so as a new guy I'm still learning their tendencies (who likes to carry or pass, which D will pinch or stay home, etc) but I'm doing my best and becoming an annoyance for the opposition within the rules.