View Single Post
Old
10-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Ail
Now we wait.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
You are being realistic unlike the folks that say we should tank while refusing to say how they would guarantee we lose enough games despite being asked repeatedly.
The question you are posing is only able to be answered in a vacuum by posters here. Which is unrealistic and a waste of time.

I could sit here all day and tell you what I'd like to do as a GM, but realistically I can never know the following things which would make a HUGE impact on my decisions as a GM:

1. What the actual locker room atmosphere is like. This is critical in determining who stays and who goes. I can't possibly know this from a message board.

2. The real and true market value of their players. We can say, you know what Del Zotto is a potential #1 pairing PMD and teams X Y Z will pay X Y Z for him, but we can't possibly know if that's true or not. If I can't determine what players on my roster are worth to other teams in the league, and figure out what players will return what assets to me, how can I accurately predict or build a plan for success?

3. Likewise of the prospect pool.

4. Most importantly, how much actual say I will have as a GM as to how the Rangers are constructed? I believe Dolan has a very specific set of rules for Sather to follow which all involve earning him as much money as possible. With these kinds of limitations, how could you ever build the team, "the right way?"

You can't just eliminate reality from situation and ask someone to build what basically amounts to a fantasy roster. It will prove absolutely nothing.