View Single Post
Old
12-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Funny you should say that, BigE...

since I was clamoring for Renney to send Dawes down for that same reason. Without making excuses for Immonen, in a few games I watched, he played with Weller and Byers, with whom he had zero chemistry, and as such, his production suffered. When you can't get a cycle going, and someone isn't converting your chances, or isn't getting you chances to bury, it's tough to put up points. Combine that with poor defense, and you get a big minus. Immonen could've done better, but at the same time, it is possible for a line to go down together.

Having said that, Dawes hasn't looked great at all. I've only seen parts of four games, maybe three, but he hasn't looked liked a guy who wants to get back to the NHL quickly. Perhaps he's getting his timing back from the limited action he got the last few weeks, but that can only be part of it; one would expect more from him, especially in the goal department. Immo's game picked up with him and Callahan. They do show some chmistry at least.

Dubi's play has been brought up in the prospects page. He's not playing well at all. It's very disappointing, especially considering the playoffs he had. I'm on a different end in terms of how his preseason was, as I didn't think much of his play the last few games, but saw that he was a raw talent. He too needs to play with decent wingers, and in Hartford, there's only a couple.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote