View Single Post
Old
01-17-2004, 11:01 AM
EquabaleAce

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
i know those #'s seem high but ive seen maybe all but 5 habs games this yearand i could fairly give my assesment on him: he's still very raw in terms of skills he looks like he's been etching his game almost every game i see him, he has one thing that very rare in players these days, "offencive positioning". not too many players have this some make up for it in pure talent and skill, but ryder has it he knows where to go in the ffencive zone. as for not having top notch skills as you put it, its incredible how much he has elavated his game in 2 years. he has plenty of skills and oozing with potential, he has incredible work ethic and thats a huge key in his future success as a see it. if he works on his skating and smooths out his talent, he'll easily post those numbers.
i hope we get in the playoffs becuase i think you will all see what he is made of.
im never ussually this hyped about a player(since koivu's rookie season) but he'll be a beautifull player for years to come.
he's a skating sponge right now learning mad offencive skills from koivu and mad defencive skills from bulis. ryders very lucky to have these line-mates in his first nhl season.
also if he ever developes a mean streak he'll be an awsome power forward.
id love to hear what others who've seen ryder all year feel about his long term potential
he has that knack of finding the scoring holes, kind of a yea that hull does from 20 feet in. its a beautiful sight when he gets th puck in the slot and fires a wrister. a quick release and the brains to know where the opening is will carry you only so far, but he has the work ethic to go with it as well and is actually resembling Brett Hull a little bit imo, without the whining.