View Single Post
10-11-2013, 12:42 AM
Free Kat Dennings
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
After eight years of crap during the dark ages, I find it surprising that many fans still don't understand how homegrown players can have more value to the team than replacement players from elsewhere. There's something to say about having guys like Dubinksy and Anisimov spend their whole professional careers in our system and grow up with guys like Cally, Staal, Girardi, Hank, etc. I don't think replacing Dubinsky and Anisimov is necessarily as easy as finding two free agents with the same historical production.
so Dubi and Artie were more important because they were homegrown? And that should make them more off limits? Jesus ****ing christ I don't understand. Sure, chemistry is important, that's a valid point. But it's not like we traded Hagelin and Callahan, or Stepan and McDonagh. We traded two marginal middle six tweeners for a goal scoring superstar, which every single ranger fan and their mother DEMANDED the summer of 2012. In a nutshell, I'd take 40 more goals over 25 goals and being homegrown 10/10. It's easy to be irritated at this trade in hindsight (I'm still not), but if you tell me you didn't bounce off the walls reading "confirmed with link" I just think you're lying.