View Single Post
Old
10-11-2013, 01:51 AM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Giroux has certainly been trying to force things too much to his detriment. But the situation is definitely made worse by Simmonds and Hartnell's play right now. I like that they're both hustling their ***** off, but they're hustling to do the wrong thing or flub.
Yeah, it's not black-and-white on Giroux or not on Giroux like others like to argue about. It's both on Giroux and the bad winger selection.

I have faith that Simmonds will rebound when the rest of the team does. He's much younger then Hartnell and has been more consistent throughout his young career plus he's been trending upward since he got here (if you discount the games this season which is too small a sample size anyhow). Plus I've never heard of Simmonds being as, shall we say, thoughtless as Hartnell in terms of plays. For instance, I don't think I've ever heard of Simmonds being a league leader in minor penalties nor throwing his glove at an opposing player on a breakaway.

I mean, this is far from the first time Hartnell has hit a slump here. Nothing really new with him. Kind of is for Simmonds.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote