View Single Post
Old
10-11-2013, 06:20 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 500
The breakdowns are incredibly frustrating, but we are looking at an entirely new way of playing defence so they are unlikely to continue for long.

What is worrying to me is the inability to get through the neutral zone. Sure we're missing Hagelin who has been a big part of that for us, but he can't be the entire difference.

I don't think it is a coincidence that the players who played the least under Torts that have been the "best" (least worst) so far. Under Torts the players were basically never asked to pass the puck at all, it was all get it down deep and grind it out along the boards. Playing like that for a longer period of time will make you lose the timing and feel for the passing game. Hopefully the players will adapt to this sooner rather than later.

I mean look at the players who hasn't looked entirely lost so far: Fast, Pouliot, Strålman, Pyatt, Zuccarello, Nash. These guys have recently played under other coaches. Whereas Girardi, Staal, Del Zotto, Callahan, Stepan look absolutely awful out there.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote