View Single Post
Old
10-11-2013, 08:01 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Dubinsky and Arty in terms of pure talent and points may not "be the issue". Dubi especially is "overpaid" which is a big reason why people here got on him so much. Hell I will call out myself I always loved Dubi but wanted to trade him for Nash/Ryan because I thought the team was that close and could absorb the loss. Lots of people felt that way.

But they along with Prust were just huge glue guys for this team. And that's something you can't just sign/trade for. I remember that season someone who worked at the Nassau Coliseum came on here and talked about how jealous he was of the Ranger group. How out of all the teams that came through they seemed to be the tightest knit. Maybe it's romanticizing, nostalgia. That team definitely caught their share of lucky breaks. But they were also one of the few teams that were fun to root for night in and night out for 82 games.

I don't know how to get back to that level of compete and cohesion but they need to.