View Single Post
Old
10-11-2013, 08:23 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Look at where AV was coming from? Do you see that kind of offensive talent on this team? What's also concerning is the big knock on AV's Vancouver teams was that were soft. We've seen a soft team so far (outside of the LA game).

It's this team's mindset and demeanor that has carried over from the pre-season that I was alluding to as being a concern. The results in the preseason don't matter. How you go about your business does.
The softness is present. Really, the mindset was only there with Torts. The Rangers have been a soft team since Keenan left. That only changed with Torts. And now, they are back to being soft. Why? The mindset is different. The whatever it takes to win. The finish all checks. The get your nose dirty. That mind set w as a refreshing change during Torts. And now, it is basically back to what has been reality. Might as well see the Chezmates skating around.

Sort of reminds me of the Miracle movie where Brooks screams at his team "You think you can win on talent alone? You haven't got enough talent".

This team does not have enough talent to simply skate and play the system that AV wants. They have lost their identity. They have lost the will to compete when they decided that Torts was stifling their creativity. They do not have the creativity that they thought. The way that Torts had them play masked lots of issues. Now the warts are all on display. Their defensive game is reminding me of the way that they played under Muckler.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote