View Single Post
Old
10-11-2013, 09:55 AM
SabreBlood

vCash: 500
Tyler Myers and Ville Leino are where both amnesty buyouts should be used.

Myers averages 5.5 million per season until 2019. Leino averages 4.5 until 2017. If Myers was ever going to turn it around, he would start doing it this season. So far, he's not turning anything around on the ice. He's actually in shape for the first time since his rookie season, that's nice. But he's still a turnstile. He's still a deer in head lights. He's in his 5th NHL season. I'm heavily leaning towards the thought that it's not going to happen.

Why buy out Stafford? He's got one more season at 4 million. I'd sooner waive him and burn the money in Rochester. He still would count against the cap, but they will need that cap hit for the cap floor anyway.

Worrying about reaching the cap floor as a reason to keep Myers or Leino isn't well thought out. You can always trade for a player that is grossly over paid that has 1 or 2 seasons left on their deal, if you absolutely need to, rather than 4 years like Leino, or 6 like Myers.

These amnesty buyouts expire for good, prior to the start of next season. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So, it's time to make the decision on both of them.

Using one of the amnesty buyouts on a contract that like Kevin Porter's is the worst idea I've ever heard. You want to buy him out to make room for Larsson? Fine. Then buy him out, but not with one of the amnesty buyouts.

SabreBlood is offline   Reply With Quote