View Single Post
Old
10-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
And players who you may not expect to be players in a Torts mold thrived under it:

- Gaborik had his best seasons under Torts

- Nash was on pace for his highest point total in years last season

- Derick Brassard played argueable the most inspired hockey of his career under Torts.
Yeah, but did any of those players come from a place where talent was abundant? I agree the talent on this team has been thin for years, but its been better than where those you mentioned came from, so statistically they should have been out pacing their previous seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The brigade looking to banish Torts continually took this for granted. They figured the fundamentals of hard work and defensive responsibility would remain while AV came in and unlocked an offensive fantasy. Thats not how it works.

...Clean slate indeed.
Personally, I was never under the illusion that the defense would hold tight with a different coach, I just thought the team would be a more honest representation of its talent. Now at least people can see what this team is really made of.

Lots of people in the organization, and the fans, thinking this team was 'close' to attaining something big really needed a wake up call.