View Single Post
Old
10-11-2013, 01:18 PM
LPHabsFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
I think there are several factors here. First is the 1st year aspect in that I don't believe the Habs wanted to go with a fresh from Junior coach but rather a more experienced guy. Already had a brand new GM not the best idea to also have a brand new coach. And no matter how many experienced guys you surround them with, it's on him to make the calls and as mentioned, one new guy I think is enough.

Then there is the Patrick Roy in Montreal factor. Doesn't matter how much people want to try and ignore it, for the first long while the story would have been about him and him coaching in Montreal rather than the team on the ice. I'm not even talking about taking pressure off of players at the right times but rather the story being about him even if he doesn't want it to be about him.

And lastly I think the main reason is that based on reports, Roy was looking for a fair amount of control in the direction of the team that he went. In Colorado, for all intents purposes he is the GM and Coach whereas I don't think that was on the table in Montreal. Not saying he had to have that in order to go to a team but the belief is he did want more involvement in player management than just coach.

LPHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote