Thread: Raphael Diaz
View Single Post
Old
10-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeezus View Post
Diaz is so underrated around here it's becoming pathetic. After each game, we all see the same pattern: "Desharnais, Bouillon and Diaz out!!!". It's the new trend. Is there anybody who watches the game anymore? Diaz is playing great, hasn't put the team in trouble and is able to make a pass to get the puck out of the zone.

People talk like he's expendable. Guess what guys, Tinordi and Beaulieu aren't ready yet to play 20 minutes a game. Diaz isn't going anywhere and rightfully so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I really like Diaz and I agree with you. He does need to round out his game a little and play more aggressively but, I don't think people realize that he's much more of a positive than a negative. Gorges-Diaz should be a pretty sweet pairing, hope the positives from each rub off on each other and create good chemistry.
I agree with both of these. He's been solid and outside of not playing physical, there is very little I have to complain about him so far. He's made no more mistakes than Subban, Boullion, Markov, Tinordi or Gorges so far this season. I still think he's playing outside of his role - he's a really a bottom pairing D - but he's been solid defensively.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote