View Single Post
Old
10-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Devourers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
He was the only one I wanted. That was not the point I was making.
I understand your point but it just made no sense in that context, being that it was Roy. I do agree they need to put hockey ahead of politics, but not hiring Roy was obviously not political.

I too am tired of opportunities being missed, and players being dealt, because of "attitude" and other dumb things like that when they're young. Thing is though, Roy is a grown man who acts like a child. We have a lot of young impressionable kids on our team and I wouldn't want him around them. He's doing a great job in COL because they're the perfect fit for him, a team that has a lot of high end offensive threats.

Instead of trying to get them to play a solid defensive game, he's having them play an offensive game that uses speed and a good offense to limit chances, rather than a more defensive strategy that wouldn't benefit their team.

I don't believe Roy would have been a fit for Montreal. It isn't politics, it's just a matter of him being immature. In my books, it's OK for a kid to act like that, they'll grow up. So trading away quality players like Ribeiro for nothing is stupid. But when it comes to signing a coach it's a different story.

Lets give Therrien a proper defensive line up first before we go around assuming he was the wrong choice when compared with Roy. Its been 4 games and for all we know Colorado tanks.

Devourers is offline   Reply With Quote