View Single Post
Old
10-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
See, I disagree. The team never quit on Torts and continued to put in a full effort on all nights.

Sorry, but again disagree. I think you had basically 100% buy in pre-Nash

You disagree? Two years ago was pre-Nash. We're saying the same thing. The rest of the post you chose to take snippets from actually goes into detail about it being pre-Nash.

As for the "put in full effort on *all* nights" bit, I disagree. I agree that, especially compared to what we're seeing now, the team did continue to put in a GOOD effort on most nights, but if we could dig up old GDTs from last year, I have no doubt (and this is POST-Nash, so we're on the same page essentially) we would see a lot of games where the Rangers either came out really flat and won because of G + McD + Lundqvist and a late goal, or were unable to keep their effort up for 60 minutes. That's all I meant when I said they "sort of" quit on Torts at the end. I think at the end, we were seeing the effort drop off on some nights, but Torts was still keeping them in line. Now he's not here to do so, we see the real result of no effort.