View Single Post
Old
10-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Harold Bingo
what

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Yeah, it really does seem like we're watching two different players.

On my screen, he hasn't been an integral part of anything. Yes, he's given us good defensive play, but once we get control of the puck, you can expect him to make a sloppy play with it that leads to a broken rush or chance, and a turn over going back the other way.

But on top of that, when we do have possession in the offensive zone, I don't see him working hard with the puck on his stick. It's quite an odd problem; most players have the opposite issue. But for Couturier, he's not willing to drive the net with the puck or carry it into dirty areas in order to make the play. He is much too content making a soft dump into the corner instead of sacrificing in order to make a play with it.

I think it's both a confidence and a competitiveness problem.
I'm with you on this one. Couturier is simply not assertive enough. He's soft on the puck and his decision making is slow.

Also, I like Simmonds, but he should not be on the top line. They need a player that can carrry/handle the puck and make plays with it; there's too few of those kinds of players on the Flyers, in my opinion.

Now, besides this negative stuff, I thought this was probably their best game this season (not saying much, I know). Not too many defensive breakdowns, they caused some turnovers in the offensive zone, had good opportunities to score, and for some of the game their breakouts were much better. I see improvement.

Penalties, bad powerplay, and not finishing scoring chances is why I thought they lost this one.

Also, the Devils lost again and the Penguins lost to the only team the Flyers have beaten (Panthers), so that's a positive from tonight.

Harold Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote