View Single Post
Old
10-12-2013, 01:21 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 448
Very entertaining game at Rexall tonight. Oil Kings taking on the Spokane Chiefs. Love seeing the American teams roll through town. Really liked Spokane's team. Very well coached by Don Nachbaur. Gritty, hardworking, tough, physical team. Very disciplined, good defensively and not afraid to send a message when needed. The thing they lack is offensive firepower despite having the league leading scorer in Mitch Holmberg. Besides Holmberg and Mike Aviani they dont have much scoring up front.

Oil Kings were up to the task tonight and gave as good as they got physically and otherwise. Curtis Lazar was fantastic with two goals and an assist. He pretty much put the team on his back in this one. Jarry was very good tonight. Nice to see the old Jarry back. He stoned Holmberg on a breakaway late with an outstanding save. He didnt face many shots, but he did face some very good chances.

Mike Aviani rocked Griffin Reinhart with a huge open ice hit. The Chiefs were targeting him all night trying to get him off his game. Markson Bechtold took a run at Reinhart and Aaron Irving of all people came to his defense, dropping the mitts and getting into a spirited scrap. Loved to see the Oil Kings stand up for each other like that. Irving has been a huge surprise for the Oil Kings this season. I cant overemphasize how much he has improved since last year in all areas of his game. He is someone to keep an eye on along with Mads Eller. Both are draft eligible this year and could be worth a later round pick. Eller was passed over this past draft but he is very quick and is quite physical, and he hits like a truck.