View Single Post
Old
10-12-2013, 06:45 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Yeah, it really does seem like we're watching two different players.

On my screen, he hasn't been an integral part of anything. Yes, he's given us good defensive play, but once we get control of the puck, you can expect him to make a sloppy play with it that leads to a broken rush or chance, and a turn over going back the other way.

But on top of that, when we do have possession in the offensive zone, I don't see him working hard with the puck on his stick. It's quite an odd problem; most players have the opposite issue. But for Couturier, he's not willing to drive the net with the puck or carry it into dirty areas in order to make the play. He is much too content making a soft dump into the corner instead of sacrificing in order to make a play with it.

I think it's both a confidence and a competitiveness problem.
Yea last night I think Couturier was probablly our worse player. Up there also was Matt Read. While Giroux and Voracek havent done anything they did "better" near the end of the 3rd and honestly Read was killing them at that point.

Honestly, hands down, was probably the worse game Couturier has played for the Flyers. Do feel bad for the kid. He had one pk where he STRUGGLED to a point where he blocked one of own clearing attempts, and messed up clearing twice. The crowd started to rip on Couturier pretty hard at that point and even sarcastically cheer when his 3rd attempt finally got out

So I have been ripping on Mez alot because of his play but last night confirmed it all. Mez seriously is the teams worse defender. I havent seen such poor all around performance in such a long time. Guy behind even yelled "theres mezsaros getting bear again". Probablly happened close to 10 times. I think the Yotes were trying to exploit him.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote