View Single Post
Old
10-12-2013, 12:12 PM
savebyrichter420

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Pilot 76 View Post
I always looked at Dubi and Cally as a package deal and duo. Years ago my girlfriend (now wife) and I got our jerseys Cally and Dubi and that's what we wear to games ever since. Cally to me was the good cop, honest, hard working blue collar, lead by example part of the duo and Dubi was the bad cop, hot head, live wire who would open his mouth and say the things Cally's play quietly spoke of. I thought they were perfect compliments and should have been our C and A for the foreseeable future. One a playmaker, one a finisher. They PK'd as a pair. Both physical. Look at those near identical highlight reel goals against Pittsburgh they combined for. They were heart and soul. Thunder and lightning. Shake and bake. I loved Cally having Dubi as the vocal wing man (anyone watch Key and Peele? Think of Cally as Obama and Dubi as the angry translator).
I agree, it's too bad Dubi didn't do enough to keep himself here for the money he was earning. I think it affected Callahan in some way and the rest of the team in a way that stats don't show. We haven't filled that void that was left by him in the attitude/intensity department and he was always yapping on the ice!

savebyrichter420 is offline   Reply With Quote