View Single Post
Old
10-12-2013, 01:49 PM
blinds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Simmonds has always been a 2nd/3rd line in-between guy. I classify him as a slightly better version of Hartnell (who, in my opinion, was always overrated). Good for anywhere from 20 to 30 G in most seasons where he plays well and is utilized but aside from that his uses are pretty much limited to energy and grit. He's a good PP presence and all-around net presence. He'll probably never do much better then 60 P in his career or 30 G and that's always been true of him. I expect he'll average out as a 25 G, 50'ish P guy a la Hartnell.

Schenn has been great at putting himself in great scoring positions and finishing on good chances but other then that he's being the same Schenn he always has been in the NHL. Lots of talent, always looks like he's a step away from breaking out, but never taking that step.

Yeah there's been lots of questionable lineup decisions. From Newbury to Rosehill to Hartnell and Simmonds to Talbot. Lecavalier was our only consistent force on offense even in the slightest ways so with him out I wouldn't expect anything at all really.
I've been getting the impression that that's the best Schenn has to offer. Seems like a guy who can be a good complimentary player/finisher but never someone that will drive possession and create good scoring chances on his own. Reminds me of JVR. Very frustrating. But he's still pretty new to the NHL and hopefully we'll see the breakout we've all been hoping for.