View Single Post
Old
10-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Those who still criticize him probably see his 11 games in Philly as a more probable outlier than the 171 games he played in Columbus after his Calder win. It's a criticism that has validity.

I don't know in what world 171 games played by a goalie would be considered a small sample size...

I really hope he turns it around here, because he certainly has the physical tools. He could be starter here for a while if he gets his head on his shoulders.
I get that, I'm not an idiot. There's also a very good possibility that he was simply not working for that team (a very poor team). It's not uncommon for players to perform better for one team or another or to even have their careers made or ruined by a team. Especially for a position as fickle and unpredictable as goal.

You view it as 171 games, I view it as three seasons early in a career on a historically very poor team. I never said that criticism isn't valid or that it's not a legitimate opinion to think he won't turn it around, but my point is that people like to bash him as if he hasn't played completely different in Philadelphia thus far. Between that fact, the Calder season, and his ability/skill-set it's not completely unlikely he turns it around.