View Single Post
Old
10-12-2013, 02:35 PM
savebyrichter420

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
How many former Cup winners were on the Hawks 09-10 squad? Just from a cursory glance, it looks like John Madden was the only one. Two Cup wins later (even after the first), they're all experienced and "vets" and blahblah. Quenneville only made it to the conference finals once (with STL in 2001) before going to CHI (first season made it to the conference finals, second year was 2010). Feels like the whole "need for veteran leadership" is vastly overrated if the players show up to play and win nightly.
My point wasn't just exclusive to cup winners as I stated but also players with conference finals and finals experience. Plus I think you are seriously downplaying the affect that having gone all the way has on a team and individual players. I know it sounds funny to call them "Vets" at a young age but I never said we needed older players either, just players with more of a pedigree and history of winning along with the knowledge of what it takes to do so.

I think we need a few guys who can settle things down when games start spiraling out of control and also to hold others accountable. This team comes out flat too often along with having a history of letting one bad bounce snowball into something much larger.

Last edited by savebyrichter420: 10-12-2013 at 02:46 PM.
savebyrichter420 is offline   Reply With Quote