View Single Post
Old
10-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Kshahdoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio View Post
Well, most of the money in soccer are from sponsorships and advertisement. Ticket prices are only a small part of a clubs revenue. This is mostly true for big clubs though, but no organized team can survive without sponsorships.

And football riots are almost never about the performance of a team. It's almost always political or feud-based.

My point with the post is that there is too much negativity. I understand you're passionate about the team, but when 90% of the things being said is about how terrible someone is, or how you hate everything about the team, that's counter-productive. I figured the perspective of someone from outside the usual sphere of hockey and your usual conversational partners would be enlightening. If you came to f.example a Chelsea bar in the UK and the first thing you said when they lost 4-0 is "What the hell is he doing on the team!? We are going to lose the next game! OMG just fire the coach!", you'd have a better chance of getting your face punched than anything.

If you were at the stadium the hour before the game tonight, what would you be thinking? "Meh, we're gonna lose." and just shout against your team the entire night? The attitude I see here can only happen here. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be very popular at MSG if you could only talk about how terrible the team is the entire game.

If you're only here to complain, just don't watch the game. Go do something else if you're only able to support your team when they are doing well. Coming on an internet forum just to talk about how terrible someone is will just make your life miserable. Your team might not be good, but a true fan should act like a coach in the locker room between periods.

Yes, you can be angry. Yes you can blame single players, but when you create an atmosphere of hatred and negativity, you're just tooting your own horn, not doing anything to help the team or show that you care. You just look like an angry entitled brat.
I don't know where are you from, but in Europe football fans can do much more crazy things than just bash players on forums. For example they can come to practice and threat to kill everyone if they don't start to play good. Hell, Russian fans aren't as crazy as those italians, but last year Dynamo Moscow fans came to the team's practice and started to shoot players with paint ball guns... But to tell the truth it somehow worked - players actually started to play better.