View Single Post
Old
10-12-2013, 04:19 PM
  #31
Taco Fingerhat
Registered User
 
Taco Fingerhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,779
vCash: 4420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
I'm very curious to see what happens with him.

I think he's a guy who is going to get a ton of attention from the coach, and who Tortorella is going to push beyond belief to get a consistent effort from.

And I suspect that by end of the year he'll either break out or mentally break down and check out.

So I'm torn between thinking he'll score 30 points in 40 games down the stretch, get fit and start playing a complete 3-zone game ... or be given up on, marooned on the 4th line and sent to the AHL. I think it's a toss-up.

He has the potential to be an offensive force, he just needs to find more drive, and find the ability to keep his feet moving and not get caught standing around. And grow his confidence. And if anyone is going to be able to get that out of him, I suspect it's Tortorella.
This is bang on. My guess is that he has a 35% chance at success and a 65% chance at flaking out.
I feel like the mechanism in his brain that allows him to learn is broken. At the very least, we'll have a sort of Raffi Torres-esque 4th liner on our hands.

Taco Fingerhat is offline