View Single Post
Old
10-12-2013, 11:44 PM
savebyrichter420

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I posted in the GDT about Daneyko's comments and I totally agree that the defense needs to simplify their game before they open things up.

I just wish that AV had watched more tape of last year's team over the summer. I get the clean slate thing, but perhaps if he watched the tape he would recognize that the defense would need to slowly transition into his system instead of an immediate implementation.
I was going to say the same thing, maybe if he watched more tape we would have a more appropriate gameplan cause the present one isn't working. I also found it odd that it took him all summer before he met with players or even talked to some of them. A clean slate is one thing, not preparing is another. He seems very relaxed and with a franchise that has a history of being lackadaisical I don't think that's a good fit. Way too early to call for him to be fired but this could get interesting down the line. He's had success so you have to give him the benefit of the doubt for a while and ride this out.