View Single Post
Old
10-13-2013, 12:58 AM
Savant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Savant - I think you are ignoring my earlier post. Brian Boyle should not be expected to score a bunch of goals.
Do you think that I expect he can, and should, do so? Of course, i do not.
Stop grandstanding.

Don't paint him as the villain here. He is a better bottom six player than anyone else like Dorsett, Pyatt, D. Moore (yep, that old chestnut is not quite doing all that much, regardless of all the love showered down on him).

It is indeed a team construction problem. I agree with that. I do not agree that Boyle sucks. Quite the opposite.
I can take that. I don't think Boyle sucks but I think he is a misfit going forward. Boyle can help a team but he has some glaring weaknesses. Torts got the best out of him because he was able to play Boyle to his strengths. I do not think AV is playing Boyle to his strengths and its showing up on the ice.

I don't think Boyle is why they lost tonight but there were three or four breakouts that literally were stopped in their tracks because Boyle could not handle the puck. I think AV is asking too much off Boyle offensively and it is hurting him. I do not expect Boyle to score a lot of goals, but he was not able to handle the puck or make competent passes tonight as a result. This hurt the team's already anemic offense. No one on the team should be lauded for their defensive work, they do not know how to set up unless they forecheck. The team needs to improve in the neutral zone. This is not Boyle's forte.

Savant is offline   Reply With Quote