Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Blues: Better?
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2013, 02:48 AM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter420 View Post
Fair enough although the fact that we scored 3 and neither he nor Pouliot were involved again should be a concern when we were relying on these players for depth scoring. So far only the usual suspects have contributed offensively which is part of the reason why we have the record we have. If this continues for an extended period of time it's an issue that will need to be addressed.
True, but that is the ONE thing that, to me, can be pinned on the guys we have out injured. Pouliot, Brassard and MZA looked great against LA--when we still had Nash. When Nash and Hagelin are back, guys like Pouliot and MZA will be knocked down the lines a bit. Right now, they are being shuffled between the 1st and 2nd lines. They are better suited to be shuffling between the 2nd and (more likely) 3rd lines. When we get healthy, they will be where they are best suited, and I think they will be able to take advantage of the easier match-ups they will find there. If we get healthy and they are still pulling the vanishing act, we are fortunate enough to have a farm full of guys just itching to get their chance. If guys like Kristo, Kreider and Miller look ready, the Pouliots and MZAs of the world won't really stand in their way. I guess I don't get too worked up over those guys because I see them (and Pyatt and D.Moore and Boyle) as little more than place-holders for the kids on the farm.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote