Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Blues: Better?
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2013, 04:49 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
I don't know if it was Torts or something else, but I noticed the huge difference in passing as well. The Blues would just make beautiful passes to move the puck around the ice, particularly in the attacking zone. To see that and have it juxtaposed with the Rangers, who were lucky to complete two passes in a row was just sad. The Rangers were so easy to pickpocket because they were always reaching for the puck, digging it out from the boards or trying to get it out of their own skates. They seriously looked like they had never completed a pass in their lives. And this was one of their better games so far this season. Hopefully it gets better, as we do have some talented playmakers (Brassard, Step, Nash, Richards, MZA, MDZ, McD).

Incidentally, I'm totally jealous--I visited Australia back in 2010, and it was the best week of my life. Just a beautiful country, and a week wasn't nearly enough time to explore.
The team is in transition from one system to another. The timing is off. Has nothing to do with either AV or Torts.

Whether people like it or not, it takes a couple months to get the body to react naturally to a new way of doing things. A simple moment of hesitation or reflex action of the old system will cause the team to look clunky and uncoordinated. We have to remember, teams like St. Louis, Boston, Chicago, SJ, etc, have been together and using the same basic system for a few years now. They will have a huge advantage this month over teams that have bigger roster and system changes.

Best bet is to just write off October as a learning curve month. Hopefully the team can squeak out a enough points to stay in the playoffs range so they don't have to paly catch-up for the rest of the season.

The team will turn it around and be much better around Xmas. You'll see.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote