View Single Post
Old
10-13-2013, 05:58 AM
Fragmuffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
They are definitely improving more every game. This was their best game yet, regardless of the score. Emery let in a couple of softies and the penalties need to come down, but their even strength play was the best it's been this season and they were in this game the whole way.

Gus, Read, McGinn, and Raffl all played really well I thought. If Vinny comes back and Hartnell's still out, I'd like to see something like this:

Read - Giroux - Lacavalier
Simmonds - Schenn - Voracek
McGinn - Couturier - Raffl
Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot
and when Hartnell comes back I would really like to see things go down like this

hartnell lecavallier giroux (switch G and Vinny if needed, Hartnel stays here so he can start producing again, I just couldn't bare another bad contract on this team so lets try to avoid turning Hartsy into a 3rd line scrapper)
voracek schenn simmonds (I just like this one a whooole lot)
raffl couturier read (a great two way line with speed and enough talent to wake up Couturiers offensive potential)
mcginn hall talbott (an effective 4th line with more brains in ther heads than all the other plugs we had since powe, betts and laperiere)

And voila, we got ourselves 4 lines that can do damage once again.
I was pretty high on McGinn in the preseason and even if this is just one game i feel that he wont let me down. As for Raffl, I've been watching his game for the past 4 years in the EBEL and WorldCups and his game last night does not come as a surprise to me.

Last edited by Fragmuffin: 10-13-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Fragmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote