View Single Post
Old
10-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Man on man means that guys have to win one on one battles. Winning those battles require size, strength, and skating ability, and there are deficiencies in several areas with the on-ice product there.

I'm not one to soften a blow after a loss, but there were fewer deficiencies in this past game vs St Louis than the previous two. Still the same story of the bottom end of the roster not being able to do the job and repeatedly seeing the ice.

Those 5 minutes to start the 3rd period was the closest thing to NHL hockey this team has played before Dorsett killed all momentum, then with the Tarasenko goal the game was "over".
Yep, I think we've got some talented D-men who should be ok, we also have several that have above average mobility which should help them adjust or make up for an error. My only real concerns are Girardi who seems better suited to a zone defense and MDZ who seems like a dunce and is prone to brain farts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant View Post
The only defenseman I am worried about is Girardi. I think he is a misfit but luckily he is tradable.
It doesn't fit his style well that's for sure, has good value right now and would be the first D-man I'd probably consider moving. Problem is we don't really have anyone to fill that void.