Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Blues: Better?
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Mithrandir
I only own my mind..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter420 View Post
Agreed, I never said they needed to score goals alone to provide offense. They both have 0 points on a team starved for offense. If they don't succeed in a offensive role they are useless. Plenty of games left to see how it pans out but so far I haven't seen anything to suggest this will change all that much. If I end up wrong then great cause that means these guys and the team picked it up and got their game going. I only care about results not trying to win an "I told you so" battle!

If the team was built correctly it wouldn't be such an issue. This team needs to decide whether its really a contender or a pretender and adjust accordingly.
I would agree with this. They're not being asked to be our penalty killers or two-way guys. They're not being expected to rack up tons of hits and bring a physical presence. They're not here for their leadership or experience. If they don't break 30 points it's an utter failure for what their actual role is. It doesn't matter how they LOOK on the way to the result. It matters what the end result is. There's no way it's asking too much for them to be ~35 point players; in fact, if that's all they are, we're probably in trouble unless we add another top-six winger somehow.

Mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote