View Single Post
Old
10-13-2013, 03:48 PM
sendoh12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
I'm sick of hearing the word character and leadership. Give me talent, I don't give a crap about a bellow average, overrated character player. Character looks good in front of the camera doing the little interview and being liked by the media but it's not really going to help us on the ice unless you are a character guy with talent.

That's what we need, someone with leadership that also got the talent to get the job done on the ice. Not someone opening his mouth in front of the camera, saying the "right" things but not really contributing to the team in a significant matter.

Who cares, lets keep paying him 4m...he got heart!

As of now is Georges overpaid? Sure. But is character irrelevant in choosing to sign players? Of course not. Can you honestly tell me that you don't think guys like Prusthave a significant impact on the vibe in the room, team chemistry, guys wanting to stay here? You can't have a winning culture with a team filled with Ribeiros and Kostitsyn's. Point being, I think it's sometimes good to overpay a little for guys who bring something extra to the table in terms of leadership. I would take another Prust at 2.5 mil per yer any day on this team.

Last edited by sendoh12: 10-13-2013 at 03:59 PM.
sendoh12 is offline   Reply With Quote