View Single Post
Old
10-13-2013, 09:25 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The PH Factor View Post
Exactly. Availability on stubhub isn't exactly predictive of sellout or not as they are already sold tickets on the secondary market. The price on stubhub probably is a potential predictor of attendance though (if cheaper tickets aren't selling the volume of people going is probably less).

Also, don't comps count into tickets issued for sellout count purposes? Remember reading an article from the end of last season (having trouble finding it, might have been in the NBJ) with Sean Henry where he said in spite of the sellout streak in last year's short season we actually sold less tickets per game and issued more comp tickets (averaged per game) than 2011-2012. And when the FO saw a game wasn't going to sellout they'd up their comp distributions in order to "achieve" a sellout for marketing purposes (and probably looking good to the league).
Comps do count in the tickets issued column and every team has comps for every single game. The team tracks three separate numbers ... issued, sold, and used. Ideally, they'd all be 16k + per game. Realistically, if we average 16.5k issued and used with 15.5k+ sold the team will do ok. I see nothing to worry about in our ticket numbers right now and I still have the current and previous lease versions, the proposed leases, and ticket data dating back to 1998 on my various thumb and external hard drives. If I get concerned .... worry.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote