View Single Post
Old
10-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
Interesting take on a move towards a full on rebuild. It would take years, to build up to a contender if the core players are jettisoned. Ekblad and McDavid are no guarantees either.

I just look at this roster as a collection of misfits put together with a group of players that made the Rangers what they are. Looking at how badly the eastern puck possession have gotten beaten by big heavy hockey teams out west, wouldn't it be in the Rangers advantage to play that way in the east?

Now there is a team in the east that does that and they just went to the finals. The big bad bruins that had their way with the east last year. I think that heavy brand of hockey is tense hockey for sure, where the margins are narrow. Torts was a guy that had trouble managing his stress levels and would have fits mid game, so I can only imagine how out of hand it could have gotten behind the scenes, but AV looks like he is much more composed, so I imagined the the team finally playing stress free, mistake free hockey.

If mediocrity is what this season transpires to be, then there is no doubt a rebuild is around the corner given the contract status of key players on the team.

Last edited by Mikos87: 10-14-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote