View Single Post
Old
10-14-2013, 11:10 AM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Sorry to pick on you, but this "Selke" BS on this friggin board is out of control and it needs to stop. Selke candidates shut dudes down and contribute in all three zones. Boyle contributes in one area of the ice -- his own dots to his goal line (a whopping 15 feet of ice), and even there, he struggles with coverage and clearing.

Blocking shots and winning 55 pct of face offs doesn't make you a Selke candidate. Being a thorn in opposing offenses sides, to the point where the other coach's forced to match lines to avoid him.

Name me one friggin coach who purposely tries to keep his threats away from Boyle.

Selke candidates are smart. Boyle could be Cournoyer in his prime and still not sniff a Selke.
You're picking on Boyle, not me... but I don't care all that much--he wasn't a big difference-maker at his best.

i do think you must give credit where it's due; he has size and some instinct. No skill or speed, but it's like throwing me (wheelchair user) into a 20 yard dash and saying I suck if I don't succeed... well sort of.

The point is, he's not rick Nash. He does other things that separate him from AHLers. The idea of "worst player in the NHL" is a fallacy, 'cause even if you could qualify that, the "worst" NHL players are substitutes who play 10 career games.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote