View Single Post
10-14-2013, 01:16 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by malton View Post
Bogosian is a good skater, has solid offensive awareness, makes a good first pass, clears the front of the net and has a physical presence.

Leadership is overrated. What has Gorges done to warrant his title as a leader? Is it because he is good with the media? Or is it because the coach picked him to room with Gallagher?

The fact of the matter is Gorges is a serviceable defenseman, a number 5/6 on a solid team. He blocks shots and is a decent penalty killer.

You do not keep the "soldier" type players over players with high end potential and the tools to be a 1/2.

I would not trade the packages being thrown around here for Bogosian, but to say you wouldn't trade Gorges for Bogosian straight up is nonsensical.
While that's true, Bogosian would also compete with Subban for ice time, do you want one of them or potably both to be unhappy?

Leadership is overrated? How do you know? Because you didn't saw him enough on 24CH this weekend? Are you in the locker room? do you travel along with the team? Did you asked the players if Gorges is there for them or not? Gorges is always the first guy to come up to the defense of a teammate when on the ice.

Gorges also proved that he could play against the best players while playing 25 minutes and being injured. THat's leadership to me.

I'd rather keep the solider type of player over any bona fida no matter how good they are (I'm not saying Bogosian is a bona fida here).

If I want to have a good playoff run, I wouldn't straight up trade Gorges for Bogosian either. That is nonsensical.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote