View Single Post
Old
01-17-2004, 05:50 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I haven't really been on to defend my comment, but I guess I can try now. First of all, Roenick and Tucker is not a very good comparison. I've never seen JR take a little fainting spell like that. Roberts is a warrior I guess, but Domi, my god. Go after Weinrich with 90 seconds left in the 2nd game. Real tough guy, go after the d-man who doesn't fight. Did the same thing with Pitkanen in Game 1. I did have some respect for Tie Domi and what he brought to the Leafs, but after these 2 games when he is invisible most of the time and goes after the guys that don't fight, my little respect for him has now turned into virtually no respect.

Onto Esche, I like him a lot, but those rebounds are worrisome sometimes. Rico was a great guy for clearing those rebounds (witness, game 1) and now he is out for a while. But he did make some great saves in both games. Speaking of Rico, JR's hit was pretty stupid, however, I would expect JR to step up in the coming weeks with the No.1 d-man out. Overall, a great 2 games for the Flyers and hopefully, this can jumpstart the team.