View Single Post
10-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Brooklyn Ranger
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I can't imagine they see him as anything right now. You're skewing your statement to make it sound that the organization views him negatively. Probably not.

He's played well in AHL. He played well during preseason. He's gotten high praise from team mates and coaches.

I imagine they give him a 2-4 game trial. If not, i'm sure they will look to give Hedberg a shot or acquire a better, more veteran back up, through trade.
If the Ranger organization thinks this is just a bump in the road and is not the wheels coming off, then they shouldn't mess around with a backup goalie who has no NHL experience. And given that the Rangers only play 4 games in the next two weeks, I don't expect whomever is the backup to get any playing time, unless Lundqvist needs to be relieved during a game again.

AV didn't want Biron from the get-go. Hedberg was never an option (is he even playing somewhere now?), he never even got a minute of playing time in pre-season. But, Sather has always discounted the backup goaltender position, so who knows what's going to happen.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote